Thursday, September 15, 2016

(18) The Bikini Still Fits!

It seems like Holly and Darren are constantly thinking about how to make my life a little better during this pregnancy.  At 20 weeks along, they have invited Tom and me to Lincoln City for an Oregon coast beach getaway weekend.  This was a little tricky for them, since it’s a popular thing to do together with their own families.  Another secret to keep from them (for now!).  Holly and Darren drive us to our accommodations for the weekend: a luxurious multi-floor condo, located on a high bluff right next to the ocean.  The view is amazing.  The sound of the surf is mesmerizing.  The cool ocean breezes are relaxing.  If this was meant to lower our stress levels, it’s working so far.

Since I’ve been advised against vigorous exercise, we’ve planned for non-strenuous activities this weekend.  One such activity was “movie night”, where we watched the 1980’s classic “Twins”, starring Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito.  It was super-cheesy, complete with brutally bad acting and over-the-top 80’s fashion, but I doubt we could have picked a more appropriate movie for the occasion.   

The next morning, Darren whipped up his famous French toast.  Delicious!  I’m pretty sure the twins enjoyed them too.  At least that’s what I’m telling myself after my third piece…

Shopping was also on the agenda, and the outlet mall served us well.  I never thought I’d be shopping for little boy clothes again, but it’s so much fun!  Everything is so so cute, and I can just imagine these two little ones getting dressed in matching outfits, even if they don’t turn out to be identical twins.  I want to buy everything, and we couldn’t resist picking up a few items.  I have a feeling this won’t be the last time we give in to the temptation of buying some cute things for the boys.  At least I hope not!

The cutest Monster hats!
Also on the agenda: Beach relaxation.  Holly convinced me to wear a bikini, hoping to live vicariously through me in all my pregnant glory.  We have no photographic evidence of my 46 year old pregnant model-like physique (which I regret today).  So let’s just say I rocked that bikini!!  I was mildly annoyed to be the only one of us wearing true beach attire, but I’m sure it just made me stand out even more!  Since it was very windy, we tucked ourselves into a small sheltered area near the base of the bluff.  With the bikini, I guarantee I got the most Vitamin D.  Good for the boys too, right?

Nighttime S’mores were made more challenging by the relentless wind.  After the men finally had the fire going we all sat around and roasted our marshmallows.  I had 3 wonderful servants at my beck and call for each delicious S’more.  With the combination of good eating and minimal physical exertion, a state of lethargy has caught up with us.  Anyone want a second S’more?  Nope.  Luckily, Darren’s SUV handled the sand well so packing up was easy and I didn’t have to walk up those dreadful stairs again. 


























Thank you Holly and Darren!  It was a memorable weekend!

LOVE!

July 27th - 20 weeks, 1 day









3 comments:

  1. You are amazing and I love reading your about your experience. I'm in a moms Facebook group with Holly and your stories are so beautiful. God bless you for making them a family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Meredith for your kind words. I wish I would have blogged about it while it was happening. I know I'm leaving out many details but surprisingly I've remembered a lot. Thank you for taking the time to read them, Becky

      Delete